REFUND POLICY, PAYMENT POLICY, AND CODE OF CONDUCT FOR THEHEALTHINSTITUTE.COM
Effective Date: November 1st 2022
- When purchasing a program with The Health Institute, our customers are given 30 calendar days from the date of purchase to request a refund.
- Refunds must be submitted in writing to The Health Institute Support Team via email at ‘email@example.com’.
- If a refund is processed, the full amount paid minus any processing fees (for guidance this is ordinarily around 10 USD per payment) will be returned to the customer. Any future scheduled payments will be canceled.
- Refunds will only be granted if the customer has not accessed a certain amount or percentage of the program content (as measured by our Thinkific learning platform and visible to students), as follows:
Functional Nutrition Certificate – Student has not accessed content beyond Module 2 OR any bonus content.
Healing Leaky Gut – Student has not accessed more than 21% of the program content OR any bonus content.
Essentials Oil Training – Student has not accessed more than 15% of course content OR any bonus content.
Essential Oil Institute – Student has not accessed more than 15% of the program OR any bonus content.
- Refunds may be denied at the sole discretion of The Health Institute in the event that a student has violated any relevant Terms of Service or our Student Code of Conduct.
- Any refund requests submitted outside of the stipulated criteria above may only be allowed at the sole discretion of The Health Institute.
- By purchasing our programs customers agree to waive any standard customer protections such as the 14-day cooling off period and agree to The Health Institute Refund Policy.
- The Health Institute will request that you complete a short refund feedback form when requesting a refund so that we may use this information to understand the reasons for refund requests and improve the service we offer our customers.
- Any refunds provided will be issued in USD at the time the refund is processed. The Health Institute shall not be liable for any foreign exchange rate differences between the purchase price of the Course and the refund.
By purchasing a program with The Health Institute, either by paying in full or via a payment plan, the customer agrees that:
- They are responsible for payments being made on time and in full according to the agreed payment schedule. This includes ensuring The Health Institute is provided with accurate card information.
- They authorize The Health Institute to charge the card provided in line with the agreed payment schedule.
- They are authorized to use the card utilized to make payments to The Health Institute.
- In the event of non-payment, The Health Institute has the right to remove access to the programs purchased and any other services provided by The Health Institute.
- In the event of non-payment, The Health Institute has the right to pursue full payment as specified in the agreed payment schedule, including through the use of third-party collections agencies.
The Health Institute Student Code of Conduct
Our mission is to establish healers in every home and community, creating generational health transformation and effecting positive change in people's lives through the education of ancient health and natural remedies. We want to ensure that our students and others that we associate ourselves with are positively contributing to this mission through the actions they take.
Our code of conduct seeks to create a framework that supports this mission and protects fellow students by setting out general guidelines on what we expect of our students and those we associate ourselves with.
By enrolling into any program The Health Institute provides, a student agrees to abide by our Code of Conduct.
The Health Institute Code of Conduct
Students that are currently enrolled, have been previously enrolled, or are otherwise associated with The Health Institute agree to observe the following points:
- Observe the laws and obligations of their area and country.
- Treat all other students and The Health Institute Team with civility and respect, free of discrimination or prejudice based on factors such as race, sex, or culture.
- Respect the diversity of opinions and viewpoints of other students.
- Be genuine, honest and fair in all professional and personal matters.
- Not to use profane, intimidating or insulting language within The Health Institute programs or student areas.
- Not to share program content or resources unless the resource is specified as being shareable outside The Health Institute programs or student areas.
- Not to advertise or solicit within The Health Institute programs or student areas.
- Not to share the personal content or content of students or staff outside The Health Institute programs or student areas (without receiving express permission to do so).
In the event a student or other person associated with The Health Institute is believed to be in breach of our Code of Conduct, The Health Institute team reserves the right to remove access to any and all programs and activities associated with The Health Institute at their own discretion.
Students will be informed of this action in the event it is taken, however readmittance to the programs or activities of The Health Institute as well as any reimbursements for program fees etc. will be granted only at the sole discretion of The Health Institute.
In the event of further action being taken, such as the involvement of law enforcement agencies, The Health Institute reserves the right to engage in these activities and provide any relevant information to the relevant authorities or agencies.